Drunk Driving Accident
Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers in Oxnard, Santa Barbara and Ventura
Types of injuries from DUI incidents
A collision with a drunk driver is one of the most disastrous ways a person can be injured in an accident. Below is the list of the common injuries caused by DUI that our drunk driving attorneys can help you get compensation with:
- Bruises and Scars
- Broken bones
- Loss of limbs
- Brain and Spine injuries
- Wrongful death
Make them Accountable
Being injured from a car accident caused by drivers under the influence of alcohol can be devastating physically, emotionally and financially. We can help you seek compensation for all damages from at-fault drivers for damages including:
- Pain and suffering
- Property Damage
- Loss of future income
- Medical expenses and Rehabilitation Costs such as nursing or attendant care
- Compensation for family members affected by injuries
- Housekeeping Services
Establishing DUI in Claim Negotiations
If you were injured by a drunk-driving crash and the at-fault driver was arrested for DUI and received a citation for an open container of alcohol, you are in a strong position in your case. Here are some tips to help you establish a stronger claim:
- Let the police officers know if you smell alcohol on the driver’s breath.
- Carefully watch if the driver tries to disposed an alcohol bottles, beer cans, or drug paraphernalia. If the driver takes these away, point them out to the officers.
- Make sure to identify which person was driving. Some drunk drivers who get to an accident immediately switch places to another passenger who is not drunk to get away with civil offense.